Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Big G-O-D Knows when I need a pick me up!

It is funny how when you are feeling down God just knows what to do to make you put on your big girl panties and get over it! Or he just lifts you up a little along the way through your little journey called life :).

I have been feeling pretty burdened and sad that Dale's time here with the family is coming to an end. That he will be headed to another country where they don't like him quite as much as we do. I have told Dale often that this time (this deployment) that I just feel a huge weight on my chest down and like it is just too much. Really, I just feel like I got over the last deployment. Dale was home exactly one year on July 20th. Yeah! Truthfully, it only feels like he has been home weeks.

It has been really tough as we have watched a lot of the men in our neighborhood slowly step up and head out. One thing about never living on post before, I never had to witness others going through the same processes and heartache I was going through. Dale is one of the last guys to leave in our neighborhood, but it is coming soon enough. Friday, one of my neighbors leaves and then next weekend another. I feel the hurt in the pit of my stomach for all of the men, wives, and children. We are all so similar but still very different. One wife has four kids and is an experienced Army Wife and the other a brand new mommy experiencing her very first deployment with a two month old.

Okay, enough of my sob story.

I woke up today, ready to face the World and get some work done! I started by feeding Chase, taking a shower!!!!(Chase went back to sleep! I know awesome right!) and then I started doing dishes and feeding Lily. Next I stumbled upon my daily Guideposts that my sweet MIL had given me for Christmas. It had a great story about an Emperor Moth and the fight it needed to experience in order to get out of the cocoon and live a full life soaring on rainbow wings. And if it somehow did not have this struggle, it would surely die because if its lack of strength from the fight. Then it had this quote:

* Lord, I praise You for the struggles that strenthen me.
~ Lucille Campbell

Alright Heather... where are my big girl panties?
It's time to pullem' up!

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave, strong, awesome woman and you will get through this deployment just like you have all the others... one day at a time! I love you!

    Jesus replied to them, "Now you believe. The time is coming, and is already here, when all of you will be scattered. Each of you will go your own way and leave me all alone. Yet, I'm not all alone, because the Father is with me. I've told you this so that my peace will be with you. In the world you'll have trouble. But cheer up! I have overcome the world." John 16:31-33

    ReplyDelete