1st off: If you can't tell by the photo of the bottomless toddler, she got a haircut. I think it was a couple of inches. Wow! It is a little scraggly in the picture but it is a breeze to brush now compared to the mess it was before.
Oh, and we have been painting! I love that Lily still likes her Christmas presents. She has played with them all and still loves the easel and her puzzles the most. I don't think we give her much of a chance to dislike the monstrosity, it sits in our kitchen!
2nd: We did bring one very special trait home from San Antonio...Maddie taught Lily how to pose. I think it is so cute :). She does this quite often too. Here is Lily before church last Sunday.
3rd: The weather has been horrible in Texan standards. Translation, it has been under 70 degrees and wet, snowy, um yucky! So, you find ways to have fun in the house! It was a chilly 27 degrees this day, with a chance of snow. Lily decided to play hide and go seek. She still hasn't realized that it is best to hide in different spots.
So, every time she hides...we know where to find her! :)
****House update: Our bid on the house has been tentatively accepted (by the seller). Since the house was about to go into foreclosure we are waiting for the bank to accept the offer too. Wish us luck!
I also have a long list of New Year's Resolutions. I didn't think I was going to share, just in case I didn't complete them, but I am not doing too bad of a job. So, the next post will be "the LiSt" and the update on how I am doing :).
Hint: One of my resolutions was get this family on a budget. I think by buying this house super cheap and lowering our monthly rent/mortgage by $250, I have started. Now I just hope I don't go over budget on remodeling and that their aren't too many hidden costs with this fixer upper. I am good at staying within parameters, maybe.







That's great about the house bid and that you'll be saving some money! Hope you get it! Good luck!
ReplyDelete