Thursday, January 28, 2010

My First Bloggy Award!

How exciting!!! A fantastic gal and fellow military wife named Brittany over at Day in the Life of His Military Wife gave me my first award! Too Fun! I am so honored that someone would give me an award on my measly little blog. Thanks a Bunch Brittany!



The rules of this award are as follows:

1. Thank and link the person that sent it to you.

2. Present this award to at least five people and explain why you chose them for this award.

3. Copy and past the award on your blog.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My Nominations: In no particular order!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
1. Beth at Beth and Company. She is also a military wife and I love following the adventures of her and her family. She writes so eloquently and has the cutest two daughters. The baby was just born last Tuesday and I am sure so many wonderful sister stories are to come. She is also a talented graphic designer, who creates blog designs and Christmas cards check her out on her other blog Scoop!
2. Roxanne at Roxanne the Artist. If you look at her sidebar you might just find out that this is Beth's mom. She is a talented painter/artist and I love reading about her work and the wonderful outlook she has on life. I also feel like I know her and want to be her friend because my great friend Joni knows her and says she is just TERRIFIC! But, I don't! Maybe one day I will get to meet her and her daughter and I will be overjoyed.
3. Jamie at The Newman News. I really do know this lovely gal! She is super sweet and has the best looking boys in Texas! I am not sure how I first found her but she has done my Christmas cards every year for the past three years and Lily's birthday invites, and I just love reading about her and her three boys (hubby included). Her creative blog is Jamie's Custom Creations and if you look closely you will see some cards and pictures of our little family from Christmas and birthdays past.
4. The Nest at The Nesting Place. There is not a day that goes by that I don't check this blog if I am within 10 feet of a computer. Her decorating style and the coziness of her home just makes me want to jump through the computer and plop myself on her couch! I will paint the walls in my new house Tobacco Road (a color the Nester swears by). I would link to that discussion but she has a new domain name and I can't find it. I love, love, love the color and I can just imagine how calming and perfect it will be as I am lounging in my living room. Ha! Or chasing two kids around!
5. Bridget at Bake at 350. I have met Bridget and I do think all of her cookies are fantastic! She has made a us some yummy cookies a couple of different times. I linked to the soldier cookies that she made when Dale came home from Afghanistan. Also, if you are in the Houston/the Woodlands area you can meet her and pick them up, or she can just mail them to you all over the US. Plus, she puts the recipes for her yummy cookies on her blog and other delicious foods she makes.
I hope you have fun stopping at their blogs and checking out my vices and I yes, I probably do read their blogs everyday. Hey, what can I say? I like to read :).
Thanks again Brittany!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Heather, you are so sweet! Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on! I'm so glad to have gotten to know you through the "blog world"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much sweet girl for the award! I was so excited to receive my first award...thanks again!

    ReplyDelete