Dale has now been home for TWO whole weeks! Yay! I thought the newness was going to wear off, the let me grab your hand and squeeze just to make sure you are still here but, it hasn't. Nope, I still am thankful everyday day that Dale is here and that Lily has her daddy home to love, hug and play with continuously. To tell you the truth, the two week mark is better than the first few days. I think the anticipation, awkwardness, and sheer excitement and exhaustion of Dale's homecoming took away from the everyday fun that we always have.
At the two week mark I think we have settled in, Dale does the dishes, I have tons of laundry (who knew adding one more person adds 5 more loads of laundry?), Lily knows that when Dale walks out the door he is actually coming back in the not so distant future. It is nice. But, best of all we have gotten into the fun mode, yeah, the I am now comfortable with my husband again, enough so that we can joke and laugh constantly, I can be a little crabby and that wonderful level headed guy can calm me down. It is great! He is the ying to my yang and he had been gone for so long that I had forgot what I was missing. Don't get me wrong, I missed the man, but I had forgotten how perfect we are together. I love that we just work. I love it when he tells me that I am funny, and tears roll down his face because I have said or done something to make him laugh. I am sure we have laughed more in the last two weeks than we have in the last year. There is just something to say about two people that just click. Plus, we don't have the stress of a deployment hanging over our heads, so we are pretty much carefree. Ha ha. Carefree...yes, we still are parents, he still has to go to work, we still have a headstrong two year old, but when Dale is home everything is so much easier. Life is perfect! Perfect for us!
Now, with everything being perfect on the home front, there are a couple of not so fun things about the next two months. This apartment is closing in on us. It was fine with two people, but three is going to kill us. Wow, I now know how lucky we were to have such a great house for the last three years and so lucky to have a garage. Right now I am sitting in the living room, looking at Dale's bicycle and golf clubs and thinking Dale just needs two less hobbies. I think running and swimming are sufficient and cycling and golfing take up too much precious space, my goodness...how do people in New York live? 400 square foot apartments?!?!? That is just crazy! We are in 1000 square feet right now and I think I am going to have to reorganize and donate a lot of stuff. Because that is truly what it is, we just have a lot of stuff. Stuff we don't need and someone else would love to have. To think that we have a whole storage unit full of stuff is really daunting and and unnecessary. Next up Mission Organization!
Key West Trip: T-Minus 22 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Heather,
ReplyDeleteI am Happy that your little family is back together! Sounds like you are on cloud 9. Maybe I need to go away for a while so I can come back and feel that good!! HA! You, me and Joni need to have a girls night out:)Miss YA!
~Liza
Miss you too Liza. I am totally up for a girls night out!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear things are going so well, that's great!
ReplyDelete