Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Couple New Additions...

We have a fish! Lily has been obsessed with our new neighbors fish and loves feeding it everyday. Daddy couldn't help himself and took Lily to get her very own fish at the pet store around the corner. She got to pick out everything, can you tell? She picked out a red fish and hot pink rocks! Lily loves her fish and she although she hasn't figured out a name for the poor thing and doesn't particularly like any of the names we have suggested. When I asked her if the fish's name was Juju, she smiled. We might very well have a fish named Juju now. How do you like that mom? Ha ha!


Since being in the apartment we have really missed the grill (among many other things). I was informed when I moved into the apartment that gas grills were not permitted, so I reluctantly put ours in storage. After a month and Dale's homecoming I could not put it off any longer, I went and bought a charcoal grill and couldn't wait to light her up. Our first meal on the Bessie (she is red, so she must be a girl): Hamburgers, bacon wrapped asparagus, and grilled bell peppers and onions (seasoned with EVOO, garlic, and fajita seasoning). I was so hungry I forgot to take the picture of our finished meal. It was so good and Dale and I can't wait to grill again. Actually, we are making beer butt chicken today. Yum!

There is a bit more work with the charcoal grill, but I kind of like the process and think I could get used to it. Plus, Bessie folds up and we could use the room on the back porch.


You may have wondered Fajita Seasoning? She put Fajita Seasoning on her veggies? Well, learning how to cook/grill in the Judy's house you learn that Fiesta Fajita Seasoning is a staple and you don't do much without it! Apparently it is a San Antonio based company...I had no idea. They didn't have a picture of the super sized bottle but mom always has plenty on hand. :)


Other than all of the fun stuff. We have just been hanging out. We are so excited that Brandy and Jack are coming to town tomorrow and we are going to go stay with Grammy Pammie for a couple of days to help celebrate her birthday! I know I am still way behind on pictures and blogging but I am trying to catch up, soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... you have a grill again! i don't know what we'd do w/out one. we grill almost every night and Randy swears that charcoal is the way to go. can't wait to see yall tomorrow!

    brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grilling in the summer! Glad you were able to do it!

    ReplyDelete