I have stressed about Dale's homecoming for about a month now. What will I wear? What will I say? We he still think I am beautiful? ~I know it's ridiculous but I really didn't know that until I saw him and realized, yet again, that he is the man I married, that one that adores me and the man that I can make laugh until he cries....just because he thinks I am funny. Even if I don't think what I am saying is funny at all!
So, I began my preparations for his return. I stopped working at MDO a week in advance because I could no longer focus, I could not make it to work on time, and all I could think about was what I had to do before Dale came home. I shopped, cleaned, cleaned, shopped and re-cleaned, I bought Dale's favorite foods, beer, a couple of new shirts for him, 5 new outfits for me and I made sure I shaved my legs. Everyone around knew I was quite excited (you have seen the countdown, right?) well it was worse in person. I was a giddy giddy gal with one thing on my mind. Sorry for all of you that think this is a G rated blog... you know what I was thinking about!!! Hello....it has been 5 months!
But all of that aside, I had to make it to the airport. Dale ended up coming home a day early. He called from Atlanta, unexpectedly I might add, and said I will be home in 3 hours. AHHHH! I went crazy! I called Miguel, Dale's right hand man, and my resident photographer. We would have to be at the airport at 11:30 or 12:10 or 1:45...I really don't remember an exact time. But, Dale was coming home and that was all that mattered. I gathered his favorite things, put his beer in the refrigerator, hung up our welcome home sign and our flag. We were ready.
Lily and I were dressed and ready to impress.
Here's the Bug waiting for her Daddy.
Finally, here he comes!!!
Lily didn't let go of him for three days straight. She even made him change all of her diapers...I wasn't complaining!!!
Dale and Miguel catching up.
Our first stop was home so Dale could eat lunch and take a shower. Three days of traveling and no showers, ugh! Plus, he already had plans for what he wanted for dinner. Center Court Pizza and Brew. But not before we headed to the park with the Bug and Rylee, Amanda and Danny.
And this was all in the first day. Many more pictures and stories to come. We have been having a blast and can't get enough of one another. Three peas in a pod and we love it! The worst part about this time is that it doesn't last. We have one more week but our time is going by way too fast.







All of that bare flesh at the airport when he hasn't seen you in 5 months and you still had to drive home.......mean trick!!!!
ReplyDeleteFINALLY!!!! I love all the pics and Lilly looks adorable in that picture with the sign. Enjoy your time with each other. Keep us posted. Some of us count on your daily posts for laughter,inspiration and happiness!
ReplyDeleteLiza:)
YAY, you finally put pics up. I have been checking your blog everyday for the "homecoming" pics. Well Maddie is dying to see her Bug and she is suppose to tell Dale.. "Uncle Dale are you Army strong?" Look forward to seeing yall. Take care!!!
ReplyDeleteJamie
So excited for you guys! You looked amazing and Lilly looked oh so cute! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I added you to my bloggin friends list - hope thats ok. It always makes it easier to check up on people when it's a click away. Congrats on your hubby's return! Enjoy your precious time together.
ReplyDeletesam
Lily looks so cute in that dress. You both must be so happy to have Dale home. Hope time will slow down a little for the two of you this week. Thanks for letting us all in on your homecoming!
ReplyDeleteLisa D
Love your dress and love the pictures of you and Dale at the homecoming!!! Thinking about you!!
ReplyDeleteHi from Michigan! I read your blog sometimes off of Jamie Newman's Rhett and Wyett blog...I'm an Army Wife, and my hubby came home last Christmas from his 2nd tour in Iraq...so I just enjoy reading your stuff...We are on Recruiting Duty right now, away from a post, its nice to read your blog...I remember feeling the way you right about...Seeing him get off that plane, and finally after 15 months...walk off those dreadful white buses and into that formation...then over to me! I pray for you that time goes fast until he is back home with you and your baby girl...Thank YOU for your service...It's tough loving someone whith such an important job!
ReplyDelete