Lillian Page,
Today is April 8th 2009, the last day of your daddy's R&R leave and his first day back on his deployment. Daddy had been deployed for 5 months when he walked off of the plane. Today, you are 3 days from being 2 1/2 years old, WoW what a big girl! We had so much fun with your daddy and I can't even put into words how much we both love you. You, me and Miguel met Daddy at the airport just 15 short days ago and we have been having a blast ever since. Daddy's first day home we took you to the park where you showed him your mad climbing skills, your love of going higher, higher and HIGHER!!! on the swing, and that you cannot walk anywhere...you RUN with a big smile on your face! Daddy was impressed with your extensive vocabulary and that big sentences and two way conversations were part of your repertoire.
We did so many fun things while Daddy was home and you and Daddy were like two peas in a pod. Every where Daddy went you were sure to follow! You colored, painted, blew bubbles, went on walks, saw horses ~this was Daddy's idea and he was so excited when you loved them too. We went to see the Easter Bunny but you would have nothing of it. The great mommy that I am would have made you sit on the bunny's lap so I could get a picture no matter how much you were screaming, but Daddy would never make you. Guess who won? There will be no Bunny picture of 09, to Miguel's delight I am sure. (Miguel has a fear of stuffed animals that stand upright and move.) We also went strawberry picking, a first for all of us, Yummy. You showed Daddy how you make the best scrambled eggs on the this side of the Mississippi, he was impressed. The three of us made a trip to San Antonio to see our families and your Great Grandma and Grandpa. You played the piano every chance you got and showed Grandma how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and sing it at the same time. She loved it!
You and Daddy were also in Miguel and Jenny's wedding. You both looked Magnificent! You had on your white princess dress and Daddy his black crisp tuxedo. Daddy was one of Miguel's best men and he had to say a speech at the reception. I hope you get his public speaking skills because he is far better than I am at getting the words out. He was eloquent with his wording, funny, sentimental, witty and a true gentlemen. Although, he did take a jab at Ben (the other best man) for not going to A&M, what can I say? He did a great job and I would not have been so smooth.
Most importantly your Daddy loves you, he misses you and really loves being your Daddy. He may be gone for a long while but he hates that he has to be away from our little family. You make him smile from ear to ear and he laughs at everything you say and do. He adores you and we love you so very much. Your daddy is a soldier and a fine fine man, one that I am proud of and that no one could replace. We love you more than we could ever put into words. You are an amazing little girl and we just have 3 more months and Daddy's deployment will be over and we can put this one in the history books.
Today we dropped your daddy off at the airport 8:30 a.m. He will be on a plane or traveling for the next three or four days. I am sure he will be thinking of you the whole time and remembering all of the great things we got to do when we were together. We are lucky and I am glad that we all have each other. We are Family and a pretty darn great little family at that!
And the next countdown begins....114 days!
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







you are a strong woman, it would suck to have to be a single mommy missing your hubby for months at a time! i guess you have no choice!
ReplyDelete