Tuesday, March 17, 2009

604,800

You may be tired of my countdown, but this is my life! Dale will be home in exactly one week, or you could say 7 days, or 10,080 minutes, or 604,800 seconds. Yes, I am obsessed, but wouldn't you be if the love of your life had been gone for five months? Well, lets just hope so!

We are so excited and I am slowly but surely getting this house in order! Yesterday, I got choked up when I thought about Dale walking out of the air plane terminal. The frog in my throat was so large it took three swallows to stop the tears from coming. I couldn't help but think of him walking out with his ACUs on, carrying his ruck with HUGE smile on all of our faces. I replay the scenario over and over again, how will I stand, should I run up to him, should Lily run? Lily should run! Will I cry? I will cry, because this is one moment in my life that I can't prevent the tears from streaming. Oh to feel his arms around me. To see his face when he sees Lily. It will be fantastic!

The moment will be a moment I will treasure forever. I still remember his last R&R homecoming like it was yesterday. Seeing his face was amazing! The smiles stuck on our faces we contagious! Yeah! I can't wait! Only 7 more days!

2 comments:

  1. It's a feeling like no other!!! Congraulations...you are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i just spelled congratulations wrong (sorry...trying to type fast got me in trouble :)

    ReplyDelete