Monday, February 9, 2009

Once a dork, always a dork!

Oh yeah! This is for you to laugh at. This is me on my 16Th birthday. July 18, 1996.
This is proof that being a cheerleader does not make you cool!

Lets revisit this outfit...I though I was a "kicker" a.k.a someone that wore Rocky Mountain jeans, lace up cowboy boots, and a belt buckle, ha ha! I didn't live on a farm or in the country and my parents were preppy and I was not in Ag. I was wearing jorts (jean shorts), a double heart belt buckle, uh the ugliest t-shirt known to man and my hair was up in an alligator clip. Oh yeah! Look at my feet. I am wearing cheerleading shoes and tube socks. It is a wonder my parents even let me walk out of the house.

You may be laughing at me but Ian sported a rat tail or ....how do I explain this...a buzzed head with a long strip in the back, better known now as a MULLET! ha ha! He thought he was a kicker too!
And even if you think you are cool, and you still do dorky things like this... You're a DORK!

Yeap, this is my brother sporting his awesome Hatchet Face impersonation!


But could you actually avoid being a dork when you are raised by this guy. Probably NOT!

The best thing about embracing your inner dork is that you can have fun and not be embarrassed about it. I for one L-O-V-E board games. All kinds. I can do without Trivial Pursuit because I am not that smart, but you know I love the new game Things (only at Target), Dominoes, Apples to Apples... and many many more.

I have even heard recently that wearing a jersey is very dorky and is one of the biggest fashion faux pas but you know what... I LOVE THEM! Greg, you and I are dorks!

My great quote:

"Everyone is a dork once you get to know them!" ~someone said it in college, I think it was a guy Brandy was dating!

(Here you go Ian, you wanted a post with you in it. Is this what you were expecting???) Hope you like! Love, your Big Sis!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a dork with you because I sport my collection of Astros jersys to every game we go to. I was really sad when I read that post on fashion Friday that I'm not as cool as I thought I was for being full of team spirit...guess it's the cheerleader in me too!!

    ReplyDelete