Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh, the Big Girl Bed

***Daddy update (an email from Dale): I am very surprised that you got her to sleep in her toddler bed. So now the question is - will she stay there two nights in a row? This may be a task that only someone as infinitely qualified as you can handle. Tell her that he daddy is very proud of her and he misses her very much.

Why do I try and put Lily in a big girl bed? Question of the day. This is our (my) second attempt at putting Lily in a toddler bed. The first time was about 9 months ago when there was a mishap with her falling out of a pretty tall crib. My instant decision was to change her bed into a toddler bed and everything would be fine. Well, she had a different agenda. Lily would have none of that and screamed all night until we put her crib back together. She did not climb out of the crib again until recently.

Today, she was climbing in and out of the crib so I decided, hmmm, it is probably time. Thus, my bright idea to change her bed back to a toddler bed. Now, it has been 15 minutes, one escape attempt and tons of crying. Uhhhh, I can barely handle the crying. Should I put the rails back on her bed? I think it is her safety net, the thing that makes her feel comfortable. Urgh. I am going to save her. I will update later on my attempts.

Meanwhile if you have any suggestions PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT!

Update: I totally pulled a Supernanny on her and laid her back down, told her it was okay and sat next to her bed until she was calm and comfortable. I slowly walked out of her room and told her I would leave the door cracked for her. Tada! I am Super Mom! I need someone to high-five right about now! I will email this to Dale, he will give me props! Yeah, it only took 22 minutes. Now, we will have to see what time she wakes me up in the morning. Scary! She is an early bird like her daddy!

1 comment: