Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BOB is awesome!

BOB arrived at my house today and we love him already. Lily and I drove up to the house after MDO. We had also just finished a trek (with a not so comfortable umbrella stroller) with my new "walking club". And when I got home... there BOB was sitting on the front porch. I was so excited I could barely contain myself. Why should I contain myself anyway...who am I going to embarrass myself in front of? Lily? Right. So I didn't contain myself, I was as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning. I came in the kitchen, dropped all of our things and went straight to the front porch. I ripped open the box, and I was terrified! (Deep long breath...) How on Earth am I going to put this together? You should have seen my attempts at assembling Lily's wagon Christmas of 07. Luckily, the people who make BOB know that women like me are purchasing this fantastic stroller and all I had to do was clamp on three wheels and we were ready to stroll.


Now, if it weren't for a bout of angry stomach, I would have been off on another walk, maybe even a run. So, all I could do was walk across the street to Brian and Teresa's and show them BOB. They thought he was cool but did not seem quite as excited as say... Dale would have been. (Dale, likes to feed my crazy personality traits!) I walked home, got over my stomach issues and later took Lily for a walk. Too bad she didn't want to ride in the stroller, but I took BOB just in case she got tired. That never happened, but I made her get in the stinkin' stroller for the last block and half for nostalgia. She also pushed BOB into the ditch by the lake, where he lay there upside down until I rescued him.


I also met a nice girl in my neighborhood while Lily and I were walking. We got to talking, kept walking and one thing led to the other. She asked about Dale. I told her that he was in the Army and she asked if he was deployed. I said, "yeah." Sweet girl: "Are you lonely?" Me: "Yeah, that's why I started talking to you." giggle giggle. "You think I talk to strangers all the time?" I laughed and smiled. She got a kick out of it. I back tracked told her I was joking and that I always strike up conversations with strangers, it's just in my personality. Eventually, she gave me her phone number and we promised to call each other. Ha ha. It sounds like I am dating the lady :). We will see where this relationship goes. Amanda, I might be cheating on you.


Meanwhile back at the ranch...here is a picture of me and BOB.

***Sorry for the reflection, he is a little flashy!***



If you are wondering why I am so excited about a stroller. One of my goals this year is to be able to run with Dale and I figured a flashy new stroller might help me do the trick. Dale and I whole heartily believe that if you have flashy gear it makes you feel better, therefore, you run better. And I need all of the help I can get! Maybe I need some new running shoes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment