Monday, September 20, 2010

Shepherds and Sheep

This Sunday Lily, Chase and I tried out a new Church, Saint Peter and Paul Catholic Church...not the one in New Braunfels but the Kentucky one. We actually loved it and I think we may make the trek to Hopkinsville every Sunday for a good dose of the Big Man.

The priest was great and was teaching a wonderful homily and I was really enjoying what he had to say. He was talking about whether or not we were shepherds or sheep and he delved more into the three parables of lost and found in Luke Ch. 15. I cannot tell you much more about this sermon other than that the priest was talking about shepherds and sheep. Yeah, I know sad. But, I have an excuse or I think it is a good excuse. During the homily and right after the Father John had said the word shepherd. Lily looked at me and whispered, "Mommy, Mannie is a shepherd." I nearly lost it  I chuckled to myself, smiled and squeezed my sweet little three year old and said, "yes, Lily, yes she is." Sometimes, you just need the comic relief and Lily delivered! (For those of you who don't know, Mannie is our dog or ha, our German Shepherd.)

This has seriously reminded me that there are little ears everywhere and they pick up on the darnedest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment