On a different note...Lily loves school! She is learning the days of the week, months, and can tell me all about the weather. Her letter of the week is B, which she knows very well because it stands for BUBBIE (Barb, a.k.a Lily's grandma). She also learned all about creation and then all about germs. We like it that she is well rounded :). You should see the picture she made of a man holding a Kleenex. Too cute.
Lily loves Awana and is doing a fantastic job memorizing all of her Bible verses and even knows the Cubbies song. I actually have it on video but it is on my phone. I am working on getting a better video camera or actually finding my Power Shot.
A little about Chase...
On September 13, 2010 our little man ROLLED OVER!
(look at that Marrou forehead)
...then he got really mad and started crying,
because he hates to be on his stomach.
Chase is getting so big. I took him to the doctor last week and he weighed 17.4 lbs. and was 27 inches long. Poor little baby is an ogre like his Uncle Ian. Everyone thinks he is a lot older than he is and that is mainly because he acts it. He holds himself up very well, loves standing on my legs and can actually stand up only holding fingers. ~ Unfortunately, I know this because I walked into Lily's room while she was "trying to help him walk"! AHHHH!
He loves his Sophie the Giraffe, drools like crazy and has the most amazing smile. His favorite trick is eating his toes and really likes to eat in a quiet comfortable place. No, loud talking while his royal highness eats!
As for me, I am doing fine. I love living in on Post. Clarksville is a great town with everything I need. Now, I would love to have a Macy's and a Gymboree but I guess I am splitting hairs when Nashville is only an hour away. I am volunteering as the FRG leader and have been doing some really fun things lately. Hopefully, I will get some pictures soon of some of our latest projects. I even recruited Barb to be a POC ~ Point of Contact for Dale's company. Yeah Barb!
Dale is doing fine. Very tired and run down. He is sleeping on a cot and does not have good food where he is based. Not FUN! The communication is lacking but we had a great conversation on Monday and we got to talk for 50 minutes and he even talked to the kids :). He had a few requests so I loaded up at the Commissary and will have a large shipment of chips, granola bars, nuts and vitamins going out tomorrow. Plus, I am sure there will be some artwork from Lily and a super sweet love note from me.
All in all we are doing pretty good. We love where we live, I love all of the friends I have made. I have over scheduled me and Lily and I think we are doing to make some great memories this year.
(Lily's array of goodies she takes to bed with her.)
What is in Lily's arms?
1. Daddy Pillow
2. Night Catch (a book about a deployed soldier and his son)
3. Pink blankie
4. White and pink blankie
5. Monkey
6. Piggie
7. Her squeaky (a little pig she named)







No comments:
Post a Comment