Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What a Slugger!

During our last week at Fort Knox I decided that we couldn't leave with out heading to the Louisville Slugger Museum. So, on St. Patty's Day we headed up to Louisville and made that our last visit before the move.

I may not have been the ideal tour guide for this particular trip, but Lily really enjoyed watching them make bats in the factory. As a matter of fact they were making THE Texas Ranger's opening day bats while we were there. It was like a little welcome Texans, we love you. We were the only Texans in the tour so we felt kind of special :).



Lily got to hold Mickey Mantle's bat...I think. I really can't remember who's I chose, but it sounds good right? See the white gloves? You really shouldn't let the three year old hold a precious bat. She said, "WHERE'S THE BALL?" And she was swinging it around. Mind you the sign before entering the gated area said absolutely NO swinging of the bats!


She posed in the dugout!


We learned how we get bats from forest to the factory.

Couldn't pass up Babe's Bat!
****Break**** This is where they made me put away my camera. Apparently, I look suspicious and could be a spy from another bat company. Ha!
****Insert Louisville Slugger Factory Tour****


Lily couldn't pass up the batting cages! I can see a soft ball player in our future. Or maybe a cheerleader...we will see.

All and all we had a great St. Patty's Day!


1 comment:

  1. It looks like she had a fun time at the factory! I've been meaning to go there tons of times but never find the time to make the 3 hour drive.

    ReplyDelete