The Kentucky Derby
I seemed to have forgotten this little tidbit of information, until I walked into Dillard's today. And to my my surprise I was taken aback by the displays of delightful derby hats! I have never been to any department store that had a section just for hats! It was bright, cheery, colorful and just plain wonderful! I couldn't resist and Dale had to humor me and watch me take pictures of myself and try on every hat that tickled my fancy and there were plenty. We don't have tickets to the Derby, but I might just buy me a hat, because....WHY NOT!Look at this:
There were tables and racks of hats, hats and more hats!
Blue ones and pink ones and lavender and .... well, I will just show you.
We had so much fun that I didn't want to leave the department! I did though, just for Dale, because I am nice like that :). But, I will most likely make my way back to Louisville to play dress up again. It was way too much fun to pass up!
I could just see myself, somewhat like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, in a fancy polka dot dress and a wonderful new hat yelling, "Whoa, whoa, whoa" at the derby. Classy.







That's hilarious! I can just see you in a million different hats, trying to find "the one!"
ReplyDelete