First off:
Barb is never coming to visit again. I run a sweat shop and all she did this weekend was sew. Okay, there was some playing in there, but really she sewed a lot and even took some of her work home to finish Chase's quilt. She is awesome (period)!
Here were the plans Barb drew up for the bumper. (Barb is a visual person.) You should have seen how many sets of "plans" were drawn out on my little notepad and laid on the kitchen table. Ha ha.
Here is the inspiration quilt. Dale and I registered for it when we got married and lived in Kansas (we had a Texas room). I like the colors and couldn't find a baby bedding set that I just loved or could afford, so Barb and I started to brain storm.
Our fabric choices. (The light blue (denim) color in the top left corner was an old duvet of Dale's that we cut up.)
Sneak Peak of the finished bumper.
__________________________________________________________
The room I have envisioned has started to come together. Red, dark blue, light blue, white...airplanes, oh and I want this.....

It is a WWI Sopwith Wood Propeller. Yeah, and it's a little out of my price range but I think I might be able to splurge on it. $139.00!!! Especially, since I have spent a whopping $40.00 on this sweet little bundle of joys bedroom, for fabric and batting.
So far we have:
1. Crib~ Lily's old crib that we are painting blue. Hopefully, it will look like this once Dale is finished: FREE or cost of paint

2. A dresser that we will also use as a changing station (Dale's old dresser) : FREE
3. Red tabbed top curtains from our wedding registry: FREE
4. I am also hoping to redo a lamp I have in my bedroom. I want it to have a burlap shade with red trim. Ha! (We will see how that goes.) Burlap runs $2.99 a yard and trim is super cheap too.







I had a wonderful time and still had time to play. Lily and I had so much fun on our party night! Don't worry I'll be back soon!
ReplyDeleteBarb
That quilt looks AMAZING! I love it!
ReplyDelete