Monday, October 19, 2009

Welcome Back to the "real" World!

Army life is upon us. The last few years I have been in a little civilian bubble. Yes, I pretended to be a normal person in my little town of Pearland and Lily thought that only Daddy wore a camouflage uniform :). Well, our little bubble has been slowly leaking its air and we have been immersed back into Army culture. Don't get me wrong we love being in the Army, it is just a completely different lifestyle. You move to a new place, where you don't know anyone and you have a short amount of time to make friends and get comfortable, because you know you will be leaving shortly and it isn't worth being miserable while you are here.

The Army tries to make it easy to meet other women and truthfully they do a pretty great job at it, I must say. How many of our husband's civilian jobs have events so your families can meet and your wives can be friends and get involved? I have already been to two socials to help us meet other Army wives and most of the women are not like the TV show :). I have met a few people and they are quite a unique group of ladies. One a "Southern Belle" from Georgia, one from New York, another is from New Jersey and one that just got back from Germany and she knows Dale's cousin in Landstuhl (randomly small World). I have volunteered to work the Holiday Bazaar and joined the Fort Knox Spouses Social.....Group, on Wednesday, Lily has a play date with New Jersey's little girl and that should be fun.

Plus, we are in a new place so Dale and I get to explore. This is the Saunders Nature Preserve about a mile from our house. It is beautiful and I think Dale has found a place to go run when he needs to vent. Kentucky is nice and we are really enjoying it! We love the weather and aren't missing the mosquito's in south Texas! Although, we miss all of our great friends and family more than I can say in words!










2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are taking the move and everything so well! The brighter you make the move the better it goes, or so I think! I loved Kentucky when I visited in 07... we have thought about taking the assignment if it ever comes up!

    ReplyDelete