Hate is a strong word and I am not going to say that I hate the new people that just moved into my precious house. But, a few days ago I sure had some dislike for the nice young couple that happily purchased our home and burst through the doors and set up shop by placing a HUGE Texas rock monument with their last name plastered on it in my flower bed. Sad, that's all I can say...I was sad. At least they are young and hopefully they will be fun for all of the neighbors I left behind.
Now, this is where some people say your husband is in the Army and this is what YA'LL signed up for, and yes we did sign up for the Army, but we did not ever think we would meet such great people everytime we moved somewhere. I know and I am getting over it! I would be perfectly happy if I met just mediocre people at each station because that would mean that I could leave a lot easier and departing said location would be kind of exciting. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to move to Kentucky, but this 3 months stop at the local apartment is a bit of a bummer. Luckily, we still get to see Amanda and Rylee quite a bit and Joni's mom and brothers live at my apartment complex so we hunt them down whenever they are visiting.
Also, my new neighbors are pretty nice and God must have known what he was doing when we we were put us next to these great people. The husband ( I won't use their names until I let them know I have a blog and know they don't care that I talk about them) is in the Marines and the wife is a former Marine and she is cute and newly pregnant. When I say former Marine, I mean a petite 5 foot nothing blonde bombshell, but who is looking right? Apparently, the Marines make men a lot like the Army because this neighbor has all and I do mean ALL of the same interests as Dale. Dale might even have a little man love for him when they finally get to meet. Actually, if I let Dale I am sure that our spare bedroom would look exactly like theirs, a deep freezer full of hunted meat, kayak hanging on the wall, bikes propped up against the baby bed, guns in the closet, boat waiting outside...the list goes on and on and the more I tell Dale the more excited he is to meet the guy! They seem really nice and I am glad that they are our neighbors, we should become friends fast, especially if I have anything to do with it!
****Dale is doing great, a little run down and soooo ready to come home. Good thing because he should be home in 18 days or less! Yay! We are so excited and Lily has been talking about Dale constantly. Almost everyday she tells me how much she misses her daddy and that she loves Dale very so much. She can't wait to have him swing her super high again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I'm sorry that the rock got thrown down in the flower bed....but at least your house sold and you don't have to worry about that cost anymore.
ReplyDeleteThat's so great that your husband will be home in little over 2 weeks! I wish I had that timeline!
So sorry... the move is hard especially when it is a house that you have put your heart and soul into. I have friends scattered throughout the country and I miss them all... I am still trying to find a way to get them all at the same duty station so I can have All my worlds combined!
ReplyDeleteSo happy he is almost home!
Apartment living does suck no doubt, but YAY for Dale being home soon! I'm sure when he gets home you wouldn't mind if ya'll were living in a cardboard box on the street just as long as ya'll are together! What are you doing in SA?
ReplyDelete