Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How dingy can I be?

This weekend I had a wonderful road trip planned to San Antonio and it was going to be a full weekend! I was heading to S.A. on Saturday just in time for our great family friend Anneliese's graduation party, Sunday was Grandma's BIG Party, and then on Monday we were heading back to home. It was sure to be a fun filled weekend and Lily and I were going to enjoy seeing all of our family and friends!

On Saturday, as I was packing up the car and getting ready to start my road trip, I decided to call Anneliese to make sure the color of my present was just right. I dialed Ursula's (Anneliese's mom) number and she answered not so cheerfully "hellllooo."

Me: Hmmm. HI!

Ursula: Where were you yesterday?

Me: What was yesterday? I am coming today for the graduation party.

Ursula: Heather! The graduation party was YESTERDAY!

Me: (Arguing) NOOOO, the graduation party is today, I am driving home Today, so I can be there by 6 tonight, Lily and I are loading up the car.
Ursula: Heather, the party was yesterday and your parents weren't here either. We were very disappointed because we just KNEW ya'll would be here.

An extremely sorrowful apology spilled out of my mouth and I hung up the phone and dialed my mom. She answered the phone ran to her calendar and said, "No, I wrote it on my calendar, it is today!" Ha ha. We are both idiots and can't read an invitation. Apparently, when the invite said June 5th at 6 we just thought the party was on Saturday, June 6th. A big ooops on our part!

I did go and grovel at Anneliese's feet on Saturday night and delivered her present! But boy they didn't let us live it down. But, we did come to one conclusion. My mom is just dingy and obviously it is hereditary, so I come by it naturally and should not be held accountable for my own stupidity! Plainly put...it is my MOM'S fault! Ha haha!
Congratulations Annie!

Here is Annie and her seemingly normal boyfriend. Until...

He stands UP! Yeah, I think he is 7 foot something!

What? I didn't know they actually made people that big?

I thought it was just something you saw on television.

Props to Stewart though. Poor guy let me take a round of photos of him! :)


More to come on the fantastic 80th birthday party!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow he's tall!!! Wasn't expecting that from the first picture at all. I would have probably come up to his waist.

    ReplyDelete