Sunday, June 21, 2009

Go Carron Go!

Go Carron Go! or should I say Way to Go Carron!


Today Carron (my sister in law) is competing in her first Sprint Triathlon. Yes, that is a 500 meter swim (I would drown), a 14 mile bike ride (my legs would fall off), and a 3 mile run (might finish this but would hyperventilate at the end). What's even more fun about this is that her Dad met her in Pflugerville and they are doing it together. Awesome!


I would like to say that I will never try one of these, but my husband is a fitness freak, so I very well may in the future. (We will see.) Although, right now I would like just to be able to run the 3 miles without falling over at the end and needing mouth to mouth. Ha ha...I might try that, maybe I could get some action...j/k, it has been a loooong while!


In my last phone call with Dale, I reminded him that Carron was doing the Triathlon this weekend and the first thing out of his mouth was, "When are you going to do one?" That's exactly what I thought he would say. Then he said "we can do it together." Ha ha ha. Does he not remember the half marathon and how he was chomping at the bit the whole time to leave me in the dust and run like the wind so his time would not be as dreadful as mine? I reminded him of that small detail and he laughed, agreed with me and said yeah I probably won't be doing a Triathlon with you. Ha! Maybe in his next life he will have a wife as fitnessly (not a word, I know) inclined as him? Maybe?!?!

I am so proud of Carron and her will to do this and she is going to do great!


Way to Go Carron!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's a lot of fitness in one event! I hope she does well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Carron finished in 2hours and 3 minutes. Her dad finished his race. Waited for Carron to finish the bike then he did the run over again with her. He finished third in his age group. Overall Carron did good. I think she might even be motivated to do another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    Your sister-in-law is just beautiful!!! And Dale and his brothers sure do look alike.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete