Sometimes I feel a little jaded. Is Dale really deployed? Am I really living at home by myself raising this beautiful little girl? Why am I not overcome with emotions continuously? Why am I not mad? Why doesn't this feel harder than it seems, I mean, I am living without my husband for a year? I keep thinking... what is wrong with me? Is there something wrong with me?
I have finally come to the conclusion that NO, there is not something wrong with me, I am not jaded and I am emotionally not a wreck. I have just gotten used to Dale being gone. It stings to hear those words come out of my mouth and yes, it does sound quite harsh. But in reality if you don't "get used" to the separation where exactly would the fun in your sweet little lives be? Lily and I have made it through the hump. Daddy will be home in three months and we can't wait!
We have made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, both of our birthdays (he was here for Lily's, yeah!) and soon I will celebrate our 5th anniversary on my own. ~WE ARE ROCK STARS!~ (Don't think I won't do some celebratory shopping!) Looking back I am thankful, thankful that this is only Dale's second deployment, two in five years really isn't that bad. Others have many more deployments under their belts. We are strong, this is our life, and a life that Dale and I love and hopefully when she is old enough, Lily will love it too! We are strong, we love each other and we love our lives. Preferably together, but that is not always an option.
With this being said...it is MAY 1st! and we now have less than three months and our fun, fabulous Daddy/Hubby will be home.
~Today, Lily told me she wanted to go on an airplane. Really, I said, where would you like to go on an airplane? On Daddy's trip she replied. ~ohhhh. How Sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







First of, I'm Jennifer and I found your blog on a mutual friends.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, you are not jaded. I too have just gotten use to Matt not being here. I think it's just you've reached that point of acceptance. It takes time to get there lol
Thanks Jennifer!
ReplyDelete