It is 8:31 a.m. Lily and I have polished off our daily bowl of cereal (Honey Nut Cheerios to be exact), Brandy is still nuzzled in bed, and now I am listening to Lily play house in her sweet little kitchen. "I wanna make eggs, I wanna make eggs, I wanna make eggs, was the last thing I heard her say." Obviously, breakfast is her favorite meal of the day and she loves helping me make eggs. She also enjoys shoe shopping I think I tried to ingrain that in her poor little head since birth.
Yesterday, Brandy and I decided we were going to brave the rain and go shopping in an outdoor mall. You see where this is going right??? We went to the mall, laughed because it was barely raining and said, "we are going to have to go shopping when it is raining more often." We went in and out of a couple of stores (with front row parking in each I might add) and decided to head to Dillard's to feed our shoe fetish. Big Mistake, BIG, HUGE! We tried on multiple pairs of shoes, Lily tried on about Fifty pairs of shoes (she loves shoes!!), then we bought a couple. Brandy and I decided it was time for lunch and we should head out. When we got to the automatic doors and slid open, Ahhhh!!! to our surprise that rain we were laughing off was now a MONSOON! In an attempt to avoid the drenching rain we walked around Dillard's a few times, each time checking to see if the rain had let up, it never did! The hero that I am, I decided to go get the car, plus I had an umbrella how bad can it be? Let me tell ya, it can be bad! I walked to what seemed to be the farthest "upfront" parking space in the World, drove to pick up Brandy, Lily and BOB and boy was this a challenge. I decided to get BOB first because he was going to be the hardest to get into the back of the SUV. I lifted up the hatch, folded BOB and threw him in the back. Meanwhile, and gush of water poured down my back and running water soaked my feet and pretty purple patent leather flats! Urgh! Next, was Lily, I ran picked her up and made sure we were both under the umbrella. That was great until the umbrella flipped inside out. I could hear Brandy laughing way too loud from the comforts of the store. Then she made a fun for it too. We all were soaked, me more than them, but we made it and could laugh while retelling our adventures for the day. The adventures of wild and crazy Brandy and Heather...now with our new accomplice, Lily!
I am still trying to clean and organize my house but Brandy is here and not too much has gotten done. We did organize my laundry room and de-clutter the kitchen. I still have to tackle Lily's room and clean the whole house. Fun! Dale, are you sure you don't want to come and help?
My day yesterday was topped off with Mannie our huge German Shepherd laying in the Monsoon thinking it was fabulous. Why? Why can't she be just a little bit smarter? So, there I was again wrestling with the 80 pound mutt trying to dry her off so she could come inside and stink up the place. Brandy was happy about that. Seems that Mannie likes to give all of her attention to the person in the house that hates animals. Brandy got a few kisses and was knocked in the face a couple of time by that huge tail. Plus, that wet dog smell was so bad could gag a skunk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Hi Heather,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the sweet comment you put on Beth's page!! Keep checking my blog until I finally get a web site. I plan to have some items for sale on my blog until my website is up and running... I carry infant up to 6x in girls and infant up to 7 in boys.