Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day Celebrations

We decided to celebrate Earth Day a day late and plant some wild flowers today. Plus, we had some cute left over party favors from Miguel and Jenny's wedding that needed planting. ~Jenny, we won't tell that they came in a couple days after the wedding. Mums the word.~ So, we enlisted the help of our best friend Rylee and we were ready to work. Good thing Jenny showed up in time to help...I thought I knew just what to do but apparently, to plant these flowers you must read the directions.

Step One: Fill pots with soil.

Step Two: Soak cute little paper seed holders in water. (The step I would have skipped and would probably have botched the whole little project!)

Step Three: Rip paper into little pieces and place in pot.



Step Four: Cover seeded paper with soil.

Step Five: Water and wait one to three weeks for seedlings to sprout. (What? How do I explain that to the two toddlers that I told we were planting flowers?)


Now, we are waiting patiently for some beautiful flowers!
Hey they got to play in dirt so they were happy!
Lily's funny for the day:
At MDO Lily's teachers told her not to walk behind the swings because she was going to get hit in the head. Lily thought, uh... why should I listen to you? I can just put my arm over my head and it will prevent me from getting hit. So, Lily the brave girl she is held her arm firmly over her head, walked behind the swings and proceeded to push the babies in the swings.
Note: She never got hit in the head by a speeding swing.

1 comment:

  1. Great way to celebrate Earth Day! Hope the flowers bloom full of beauty!

    ReplyDelete