I haven't been allowed to Bar-B-Que since I was in college. I think that it is because Dale thinks it is his job and I am so over protective of my kitchen that he calls the grill his domain. The problem begins when the MAN leaves and I don't know how to start my own grill. Because all I wanted today was my "all natural" NY Strip that was on sale at HEB and I was so very frightened to light that darn thing. I had tried to light the grill a couple of months ago and stopped for fear of me blowing myself up in the backyard and leaving Lily to dial 911. I really don't understand why ignitors on grills go out, but every grill I have owned it does and then you have to light your gas grill with a lighter. Flat out, that scares me!
Today, I faced my fears and after about 10 tries the darn thing lit. I do have all of the hair on my arms and my steak tasted okay. It is hard to watch the grill while looking after the screaming two year old and making two other side dishes. Dale, I miss your extra hands! Oh, do I!
Lily also wasn't feeling very well today, so she got to take a bath in the BIG bathtub in Mommy and Daddy's room. I let her play like usual, with the foam letters, rubber ducks and anything else she could get her hands on. We fought to wash her hair, a new thing she has started recently. But then we started a water war. She has a rubber crab that you fill up with water and you can squirt people, things, etc. I decided I was going to spray her. She thought this was a great idea and proceeded to spray me in the face. I tired of this quickly so I thought I would "hide" from her, leaning over to the side and then playing Peekaboo. And to my surprise, she figured it out. She just stood up and doused me while I was hiding! I was wet and she was laughing. So, we both had a chuckle and I was thankful that she was no longer upset.
I have not started Christmas decorating yet, but I better get on the ball or it won't be done by Christmas! Ahhh!
Prayer request:
My great friend Joni's mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor yesterday. Please pray for Joni's mother, her doctors and all of Joni's family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment