Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

In our family we celebrate St. Nicholas Day on December 6th every year (I believe it is a German tradition, at least that is what my mom says). St. Nicholas was a man who would travel the countryside/village finding out whether children were good or bad. The children would place their shoes on the door step and St. Nicholas would leave them a surprise on the Eve of St. Nicholas Day. We however do not put gifts in our stinky old shoes but we use our Christmas stockings. (Mom said that her and her siblings would use grandpa's old socks and they would get oranges as their treats.)


Here is Lily checking out her stocking this morning.




Today Lily went to her first parade. She loved every bit of it and got really good at puttin' on a good smile to get some candy.








Our church even had a float in the parade. And guess who was on it, only some of Lily's favorite people. Joni, Gerard, Amber, Ryan, Annsley and Bradley! And Lily almost died when they did not acknowledge her when she was SCREAMING. It took all I had to hold her back from running in front of a slow moving parade truck to get to them! She wanted them to take her with on that trailer so bad, she even talked about it until we got home. "Bradwee, Bryan, Geroni?? Where'd they goes?"


Did I mention that I have the hots for men in uniform? One in particular...his name is Dale! I got a new picture today!



Happy St. Nicholas Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment