Thursday, November 13, 2008

He Called! Yeah for me!

Yeah for us Dale Finally called this morning. We were getting ready for school and the phone rang and we were ecstatic! I got to talk to our #1 man and Lily flat out refused. Ummm? I think she was mad that it took 13 days for a phone call. Especially, because she can't read emails. But we had a great conversation and I filled him in on all of the fun stuff Lily has been doing because their Internet has been down and he hasn't been able to read the blog. Apparently they get viruses in far far away lands too.


Dale also said he went running the other day and almost died at about two miles. I guess running at 8,000 feet above sea level could be a little challenging. I said, "Now you know how I feel here at home." It does make me sick how much Dale runs and how fit he is but at least there is one super fit person in our family. I know I have a skinny person inside of me but I just shut her up with food!:)


I also had a great day out of the house. Lily went to school and I went shopping. Hmmm. I had work to do. I had to buy fabric for someone specials burp cloths I still have to make. I will post pictures of them when I am finished. Hopefully, that is in the next couple of hours because I have to go to Dallas tomorrow to see my Best Friend in the whole World (Aside from Dale) BRANDY. I would say watch out Dallas!!! But since this is a trip is with the Bug and we will be locked up indoors starting at about 8 p.m. it probably won't be a crazy weekend.


I just remembered something that drove me nuts... When I went to the Texas Tech vs. A&M game and I had a great time. But, I realized then, 1 that I was so old, and 2 that I am so out of the loop. When I went to Tech you wore a T-shirt, preferably a red one to the football game with some jeans and tennis shoes so you could stand the whole time. But, when I was at the game I was bombarded with young little teenagers and super cute 20 somethings wearing red and black dresses, shorty black shorts, big jewelry, I mean these girls were dressed to the nines! Oh and the biggest accessory of all Red and Black cowboy boots. Yes, on the girls. I have decided I must have them, yes, I too want to be a follower and I want to wear cute dresses and cowboy boots to the next Tech game I go to. No one wants to be the under dressed old lady. I mean I thought I was going to be cool with my new Texas Tech Football Jersey but NOOOOOO, these girls had to show me up.

My eyes are set on these:





Okay, maybe not these specifically because they are $1200 but you know what I mean. But what about the dress?




And maybe not the dress either. I don't think my 28 year old self, after the Bug and a person that doesn't exercise like she should could pull this off! But in my mind I will pretend and I am planning my outfit for the next game and a work out regimen too!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway before 7 am on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment