Sunday, September 7, 2008

To wax or not to wax?

I revisited the wonderful and painful world of waxing yesterday. Yes, I am part of the brave that puts themselves through the the ungodly pain of waxing. So, yesterday I decided to do Dale a favor and I had my upper lip and chin waxed. Well, I don't know if it has just been too long since I have felt the excurciating pain of waxing this extra sensitive area but OH MY GOODNESS!!! It felt like Monique (my overly perky pain inflictor) was walking on my upper lip with nails on her shoes. Not to mention my bright red upper lip and not being able to go in public for a couple of hours. In the mean time poor Lily was watching this painful ritual yelling Mommmmmy! I hope she never has to go through this and doesnot have my genes in the hair department. Lets hope she can pluck her leg hairs like her Bubbie!

So, this brings me to my question...Why do woman chose to put themselves through this painful, unnerving, must be done every couple of weeks ritual? Do we really look like Harry from Harry and the Hendersons or are we just overly self conscious of our looks? Who is to blame for the need to have a smooth baby face? Is it the media, boys, a family member? I blame my brother for my self consciousness in the hair department. I remember sitting in the kitchen and him telling me that I had more hair on my face than he did, maybe more than once. Bully! But, I am of the opinion maybe, just maybe if I wax enough the hair will never grow back?

Now I must confess, out of all the times I have been waxed I have never been, what you call "threaded". I will have to try it and update you on which of this tortures is least painful and worth your money. Please, if any one has any insight let me know. If there are any guys reading this sorry for the girly blog. I couldn't think of a better topic!

Oh and Way to go Tech and A&M!

2 comments:

  1. We should try the "threaded". And I will be in the same pain tomorrow with the eyebrow wax!!! But my redness last for about 24 hours or more. Thanks sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I popped over here after seeing your comment on Bring the Rain. Hilarious stuff...and something I can relate to a little too well. I was more than blessed in the "hair gene" department, and so yeah...I feel your waxing pain.

    You've got a cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete