Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back in the Saddle?

Yesterday, I ran 4 miles without stopping! WOW! That is an accomplishment. I know many of you may think 4 miles...that's chump change. Well, not for this Texas Girl. The last time I ran 4 miles straight was during the half marathon in Houston. That was quite a bit ago and I had Dale around to push me. Lets just say Dale came out of the wood works for this 4 miles also. He told me that he would call home if I emailed him saying I had run 4 miles. Today I was bound and determined to get that phone call!

I ran the 4 miles *** here is me tooting my own horn ((TOOT TOOT))***, but instead of waiting for that email, guess who calls me in the middle of mile 3? Mr. Dale Marrou. Now, I was excited to talk to him because it had been ONE WEEK and ONE DAY, but he was a fibber. I was bound and determined to finish those 4 miles though. Luckily, the phone call dropped, I continued my last mile and viola that phone rang again and I was ready for my verbal pat one the back.

What a perfect day! A phone call from my hubby and a serious accomplishment! Yeah! Maybe I am back in the saddle and ready to work off this back fat. Ha.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could say the same!! I'm too busy eating EVERYTHING in sight to be running 1 mile, much less 4! HA! Way to go, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work girl! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Heather! Good for you! Don't you just feel great after a good run?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it, GIRL!!!!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete