Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Camping 101~Heather's version

The Marrou's 2010 Camping Vacation
List Style


1. Heading on out. We went to Land Between the Lakes National Park.


2. We visit area attractions: The Home Place @ LBL. It is a real 1850's working farm. It was soooo neat. The people even dress like the 1850's and were widdling wood and teaching you about the culture and jobs of the time.
All of the furniture was just beautiful, had crafted and real antiques. Gorgeous! The quilts were so impressive. I might have to start quilting. :)


We hung out with local wildlife. Or a milking cow.


I love this old wagon. I want one for my house.


3. We dressed like the locals.
4. Then we headed back to the camping area and went swimming! (I was the bad mom that forgot Lily's bathing suit. Yes, it was a vacation at a lake. Oops!)




5. Chase and I relaxed in the shade.


5. We slept under the ****stars****. (Okay, maybe only Chase did.)
6. Most importantly we Roast Marshmallows and made Smores.




7. We woke up to the morning sun and ate snacks on your front porch.
~I say front porch because you know I didn't camp in a tent. Let me remind you. We did all of this we two BIG dogs, a 3 year old, 2 1/2 month old and a slightly high maintenance Heather. Ha!



We had a wonderful time and Lily can't wait until we go camping again.
This might have to be at least a yearly vacation.
****Note for next time: Get a bigger camper!****
Linking up with:

1 comment: