Our little Abode.
Our Kitchen: I haven't had cabinets and counter tops like these since...um, Kirby days (my childhood home). Like 12 years ago. It makes me feel like I am home. Ha. It's kind of like my Grandma Hambrick is following through my military wife journey: she did it and thought I needed a little piece of her joining me in Kentucky. There you have it, kitchen: circa 1960???Gleaming hardwood floors...I'm not complaining here. (Living room)
The smallest master bathroom ever! Nope, not really...our first house's bathroom was smaller! It only had a shower and the ceiling was slanted too, if two people were standing in the bathroom one would hit their head. Dale is really upset that we are still sharing a sink. Ha. Too bad!
The great thing about this house is that it has the most storage I have ever seen in a house. So, it might be a little old, a little small, but there are enough closets and nooks and crannies that we can hide all of our stuff. I think it does need a coat or two of paint. Lord knows I can't live two years with stark white walls. Do you think they would let me paint the cabinets? Hmmm, I might get in trouble for that. But, don't you think they would look soooo much better?
I will update as I get some of the rooms finished. Now, I need to start searching for rugs, because there is no carpet in the house at ALL. I guess that is my chance to bring in color. :)







So much potential!! I know base housing can be a challenge, but I'm sure you will make it home in no time. We are living off base for the first time in 5 years. I actually really loved it. It felt safe, convenient (commissary etc.), and all your neighbors know exactly what it's like to deal with military life! Good luck to you and God Bless your new home.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure with your decorating, you'll turn the house into a home! I love those floors!
ReplyDelete