Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nice little break

Dale is in the field and yes, I said it, it is a nice little break. After going through deployments, field exercises and whatever else the Army can throw at us....sometimes you just need a little time to miss the hubby when he has been home for a while. Plus, it is just nice to have some girl time.

I know Lily and I have girl time everyday, but not without having to cater to the Man. Ha. It is nice not having to wonder...What time he is coming home? What would the hubby like for dinner? Is the house clean? Does it look like I have done something today? Do we have all of his essentials in the house? i.e. Gatorade, cinnamon coffee and Cesar dressing. Then there is always the dilemma of what to watch on television. I know I may have mentioned this before, but we only have one T.V. and we like it like that, but sometimes...sometimes....YOU JUST WANT TO WATCH A TRASHY T.V. SHOW. Um, like Dog the Bounty Hunter without criticism! I mean, doesn't every housewife watch that show?

By no means would I ever want to live without my precious husband nor do I like deployments. But, I do think a day or two in the field is nice every once in a while. Lily and I made pancakes for dinner (Mickey Mouse pancakes actually) and we both took baths and just chilled. I didn't do the dishes, but that isn't new for me :). Now, I am off to bed to read a book and sleep in the middle or maybe watch another mindless t.v. show! Oh how I have missed that.

I am sure I will be ready for him to come home shortly, like when I am trying to fall asleep and getting scared about every little noise I hear.
~~~~~~~~

Luckily Dale likes boy time and enjoys playing in the mud. Why else would he be in the infantry?
He is probably wishing it wasn't 28 degrees but so would I if I was stuck playing soldier in the middle of a Kentucky winter.

1 comment: