Friday, February 5, 2010

Busy bodies...or something like that

I fgot my camera back! Finally, it works and I don't get an annoying error 99 message with a big fat X on the screen. I had to send it to Canon twice to get the bugs out. Don't get me wrong, I love my Canon Digital Rebel and was in somewhat of a state of depression when it broke. I am happy because NOW I can take sweet pictures like this of Lily when she has just woken up from her nap.

We have been learning about the letter D. Daddy was very excited to help her learn this letter! Here is one of her projects we did at home to help her learn "D" words and extend her school learning :). I stole letter of the week idea from this wonderful blog: No Time For Flash Cards. She always has the best crafts, songs and books for your children. Plus, I want to be crafty and fun like her.

I have also been doing some crafting of my own. I broke out the dusty sewing machine and got to work. Can you guess what I made?


Of course... Burp Cloths. I only know how to sew straight lines (sometimes). I did step out of my comfort zone and made these babies myself. Usually, I just sew fabric and ribbon on already made burpies. Ha. Now, I wish I had an embroidery machine. ~Wish in one hand and you know what in the other and see which one fills up first. ~ Wow, I think I just quoted my Dad. Scary!

Yesterday, was also the last day of bowling. So sad.

I am pretty sure this little family will be making special trips to the bowling alley to keep up with our skills!

Lily receiving her first bowling trophy! Ha, isn't that awesome! I think it needs to be displayed on the mantle. (We don't have a mantle :)

The official award pose. Oh yeah, she rocked it!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I actually thought of your Dad when I read that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some cute burp cloths like that! Maybe you could include a few in the package you're shipping me. Just a thought! HA!

    ReplyDelete