Thursday, November 19, 2009

Santa Claus is coming...right?

Last night when Dale got home, Ha, I used him as back up when announcing my great idea! I decided I was going to talk to Lily about Santa Claus and how there are so many children in the World that don't have wonderful toys like she does. I began by saying that we need to go through some of her toys and decide which ones we are going to give to our friends who don't have any toys so Santa can bring her something new on Christmas morning. I knew there would be a little hesitation but it would just take a little persuading and she would be on board. Nope, not at all! She yelled, "I don't want Santa Claus!" and then shut her door to her room. Period. I kind of laughed thinking, hmmm, she will get over this. Then an hour later she wanted to make sure I hadn't forgotten, Lily yelled, "NO SANTA!"

Maybe I went about the Santa thing the wrong way and I might just have to go on a stealth mission if I am going to get rid of some of our extreme excess of toys this year! Anyone have any ideas? Maybe Santa isn't coming? :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like her mom... HMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the steath operations in my house... when a toy makes it down stairs and is forgotten for a day it goes to the garage... about every three months if they haven't requested that toy back I take it to good will. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! Good luck, Rhett is old enough now that he helps me weed through the toys but it is a hard concept for the young ones. Oh and I've so been meaning to write you to Congratulate you on number two. (baby of course..HA!) That is just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete