My last traffic violation or mishap was over 5 years ago. But my lucky streak was ended on Sunday evening on my trip home from McKinney. I was headed down the highway going approximately 76 miles an hour when a lovely State trooper spotted me. After reading 18,000 emails about being careful at night when getting pulled over and the horrible things that can happen to a person by a "fake" police officer, I decided to continue driving to a well lit area and pull over at place in the road with an actual shoulder. Now, mind you it was not far down the road, maybe a couple of miles (if that) and I had my blinker on and I had slowed down considerably.
My safe and well thought out departure from the highway was obviously not appreciated by my ego driven machismo and short I might add State Trooper. Yeah, you are not having trouble picturing this are you, the one with the tan cowboy hat and walked like he had a sick up his butt. Once I had pulled over and placed my hazard lights on I hear yelling from behind the car. What is that? I think to myself. Then I hear from the back of the truck, "Ma'am ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW AND PUT YOUR HANDS OUTSIDE THE CAR!!!" I think to myself, What? and I kind of giggle, but don't want to get tazered so I do it. In the mean time Lily is in backseat enjoying the flashing lights.
The trooper then says, "Ma'am is there a reason why you did not pull over when I first turned on my lights?" I said, "uh yeah...I have read all those emails about what can happen when you get pulled over in the dark. I was scared!" For some reason he did not like this answer and mocked back in the rudest tone of voice possible, "You were scared?" Yes! I was trying to pull over in a well lit area and a place with a shoulder on the road. He then said, there was a street light when I first was pulling you over. ~There may have been but I did not consider one measly little street light on a highway at night a safe and well lit place.~ I am just sayin'. Especially, not with my precious cargo, hello I had Lily and BOB in the car. Anyway, with all of the things going on in the Houston/Pearland area don't they have some crime to fight?
I was in a panic and a little shaken up by my 1st traffic stop in forever. I found the insurance card and handed it over. He looked at it and said, uh ma'am do you have an up to date insurance card? I am sure I do officer but this is my husband's truck and he is deployed, let me scrounge around for it. Yeah, I slipped that in there. It didn't help! I did find the current insurance and he was off to happily write me a ticket.
When it was all said and done I got a ticket for 76 in a 65 and warning for Dale's license plate light. Then as if I didn't know what that was or how to change it...the Trooper tells me, you need to change out the light bulb. Uh duh!
~I still don't know how I was the one person picked out of the crowd going 76, because I am pretty sure everyone else was too. I know, I know, it is against the law to speed. But, really who doesn't? Anyone? Yeah, there aren't many Lazy Susans driving around here. Dale is the only person I know who drives under the speed limit because he enjoys a leisurely drive....I think he is becoming his dad (not that there is a problem with that). But, thankfully, I can still avoid the purposeful scenic routes, I don't think my one track mind could handle that! I almost have a conniption every time I see the speedometer falling below the posted speed when Dale is driving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







how annoying!!!!!! stupid trooper trying to feel important!
ReplyDeleteUgh....I hate speeding tickets. everyone does it! They know people do it, what makes them decide one day for 10 mins they'll look for people speeding!?!?!?
ReplyDelete