Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ringing in the New Year Solo!

Those of you who know mine and Dale's short story....know that we met on New Year's Eve. At least that is the day we were ruined for anyone else. Dale walked into my parents' home on New Years Eve five years ago and I was sold. I dropped my plans to for the night and I made it my mission to snag this fine lookin' man. And I'll be darned, IT WORKED! Well, kind of.

Dale stole his first kiss during a creative Jenga game, when I refused to kiss the person to my right (DALE), he took matters into his own hands! After that I was smitten! His courage dumbfounded me, especially because he laid one on me right infront of my parents. Little did I know it had something to do with the fine liquid he had been drinking that night.

Now five years later, we have been married for 4 1/2 years, have a sweet little 2 year old and are in the midst of our second deployment. And, this is our first New Years apart! To say that I am a little depressed is an understatement. Dale emailed me today, he is sick, tired and trying not to think about our seperation during the holidays. WHAT A BUMMER!

Here are a few pictures from Christmas of Me, the Bug and the family.

More to come....Lily just woke up......


No comments:

Post a Comment