Last night to the amazement of all Houstonians, it snowed! The day before it was 75 degrees and I was complaining about the Lack of winter weather. Mother nature was listening to my disappointment because last night I sat by the fire in my living room, watched snow and read a questionable novel (if you know what I mean). It was wonderful! The dogs were even nuzzled up next to me. Although, Mannie was slightly disturbed that I wouldn't let her play in the snow. I am sure she was having dreamy flashbacks of Kansas and wanted to roll around in it and chomp at the flakes. Too bad, momma didn't want to clean up yucky, smelly and wet mutts last night. Jules on the other hand reverted right back to cold weather behavior and refused to go outside, that's more my style! Stay where it is warm and enjoy the heat!
Lily loved the fire and this morning even came into the living room and asked where it had gone. "It's missing!" However, she was not too fond of the snow. Obviously, she was born in South Texas and the sight of snow was foreign and a little scary. She did not want to play in it and thought it was too cold to be outside. But we did get a couple of pictures...
***For all you Northerners that think this "snow" is pathetic, we know, but we take what we can get down here!


Lily loved the fire and this morning even came into the living room and asked where it had gone. "It's missing!" However, she was not too fond of the snow. Obviously, she was born in South Texas and the sight of snow was foreign and a little scary. She did not want to play in it and thought it was too cold to be outside. But we did get a couple of pictures...
***For all you Northerners that think this "snow" is pathetic, we know, but we take what we can get down here!
*Sorry for the lack of quality in the pictures but my point and shoot camera doesn't dig night shots!
**Yes, I am a bad mom, I have not bought Lily a proper jacket or mittens or any other winter gear. You know where we live right? Sometimes it is 90 degrees at Christmas (might be slightly exaggerated, but not much!)
Tis the Season to be Jolly!
Happy Holidays!







No comments:
Post a Comment