Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lesson Learned

Today, I was sitting at the computer and realized I was ignoring my sweet precious child as she played in the living room. I was more consumed with the Internet, checking my email and reading other people's blogs. Hmmm. When you write it, it does sound pretty pathetic. Well, that is not the end of the story. I was saying to myself, God, Why am I doing this? Please help me to be entertained by my little Lilybug and help me be a better mother. One who never gets bored with her munchkin and always wants to find new and exciting things for us to do. When a minute later, God sent me a message. Plain as day he said, GET OFF OF THE COMPUTER! Lily walked into the study with both hands soaked with my brand new Clinique Foundation all over her hands, face and head.

I would say that this was just an accident and Lily was just playing with my makeup, trying to be like mommy. Which she probably was, but this is the second time this has happened and both times I was on the computer. Nice, I am going to be inducted into the Mom of the Year Hall O' Fame! With my confession now in print and everyone, including my Husband, mother, mother-in-law and close friends and family reading my stupid mistakes as a mom, I am placing myself on restriction! No and I mean NO computer while Lily is awake. Not just to check my emails, NOTHING. As a lesson for putting away my makeup, I would restrict myself from makeup for a while but I don't want to torture all of you too!

Goodness I feel like such a loser. Maybe I do need Dale around to keep me in line!

Just to let you know Lily is taking a nap while I am writing this.

Also, on a lighter note...Amanda called me earlier this morning with a slight emergency. Apparently Rylee tried to claw her eye out and she had temporary loss of vision, due to the inability to open her eye. Amber came over and watched both of the girls so I could take Amanda to the eye doctor. It seems that Rylee did a pretty good number on her. Amanda has an abrasion on her eye with a flap of skin hanging and has to wear a protective contact for it to heal. The doctor supplied her with some Vicodin and an antibiotic and told her to put Rylee in a straight jacket, I am only joking. Rylee's clawing was a complete accident while they were playing. But, Amanda is doing fine and can now open her eye and is not blind!

I am now going to get off this DAMN computer and put together a craft for Lily and I to do when she wakes up.

We are still waiting for Dale to call. It has been 8 days now. I did get an email yesterday, but I am no longer counting this as a valid form of communication!

Quotes for the Day:

When we can't piece together the puzzle of our own lives, remember the best view of a puzzle is from above. Let Him help put you together. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

Some stand on tiptoe trying to reach God to talk to him - you try too hard, friend - drop to your knees and listen to him, he'll hear you better that way. ~Ever Garrison

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. ~Franklin P. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment