The newness has worn off, the "excitement" of evacuating is long gone, and I am still in San Antonio waiting for the power to come on in Pearland. I love my family and I wouldn't change them for the World, but I want to go home! I am in serious need of MDO and I think Lily wants her schedule back too.
Now that I am done complaining, we have been having a little fun around here. Yesterday, Lily and I went to Garden Ridge with Grandma and bought some new outdoor cushions for her furniture. Grandma is preparing for the upcoming family get together so we can meet some of our family from Germany. I don't think they know what they are getting into. Our whole 75 person family is getting together to meet two people. I am sure they will be a little overwhelmed :).
Uncle Jay took Lily outside to play last night and she came back in with a mesquito bite on the middle of her forehead. Why do they always choose the most unattractive places to suck your blood?
Today, Lily and I played with play-do and cut all kinds of shapes out and I taught her how to make a snake. It took everything in my OCD mind not to stop her from mixing the colors. Thankfully!! she only mixed them a little bit and I could handle that. But, as I was talking to Dale, so excited that he had called during the day, I found Lily in my bathroom...sitting in a puddle of water (after pooring my bottle water out) and squeezing my toothpaste into the empty bottle. I have to give it to her, she is creative!
Quotes for the day:
A three year old child is a being who gets almost as much fun out of a fifty-six dollar set of swings as it does out of finding a small green worm. ~Bill Vaughan
Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







missing you!
ReplyDelete