Lily and I had a great day...starting at 5:45, lets just say I was not the least bit enthused about the early start. But, Lily is like her daddy and can get going at the crack of dawn. Too bad I missed that gene. Lily played outside with Riley most of the afternoon driving their matching cars, because heaven knows they couldn't share one. I tried to get her to take a nap but that was just not in the cards. So, instead we played in the backyard in our minnie water park. I set up the slide so it shot down into the wading pool. She seemed to enjoy that for a bit, then she was off playing with shaving cream and hitting the baseball off of her pretty pink tee. She also tortured the dogs by pooring all of their food out on the porch and carrying their bowls around the yard. The funny thing is they ate more today than they have all summer :).
Rylee and Lily stopping for a cookie break.
My precious baby girl!!!
Today was our first round of daddy books. (Before Dale left he read about twenty books on video so Lily can see daddy everyday and read along with him.) She really liked watching and listening to daddy. The second she saw him on television her eyes lit up and she yelled DADDY! I am so happy we decided to do that for her :)!
We couldn't resist, after daddy time we went back to Rylees and ran around her house for a while. Lily can now successfully use Ahhh Mannnn correctly and she cracked us up all evening saying it. Everytime she missed the ball being thrown to her or fell down she would so cutely say ahh mann and Amanda, Alli and I just laughed and laughed. I don't really know where she picked up these great phrases....:0 ah...maybe it's me.
We love you so much Dale!







This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCan't seem to do it right---
ReplyDeleteI wanted to say. I was so excited to be your first comment, but I typed it wrong then corrected it. But then I deleted the wrong comment---what a mess.
But I am loving your blog!!!
Joni
I was talking to Heather on the phone, and she was giving Lily a bath. As soon as she got her pajamas on she ran to the living room screaming "Daddy!" After just two days she knew that it was time to read a book with Daddy.
ReplyDeleteGod bless them all.